Thursday, June 14, 2007

Holy Crap!

Look at the package my spinning pal sent me!

Yes, all that came out of the one box. I'm still pretty much agog. And this is the "little box"; my pal keeps alluding to a "big box" yet to come. I'm almost kind of scared. Look at all this fiber--what more could a girl possibly want? A goat? Pal, are you sending me a live goat?

Eventually I was able to stop petting everything long enough to take some pictures:



In the back: Moorit Roving and undyed roving from Spunky eclectic (yay, I love to dye!). In front: superwash merino in two very pretty shades of blue.

I can't lie, this next one's my favorite:

More superwash merino, this time in wine and a beautiful shade of steely blue gray. I love these colors together, and the roving positively glows.


Alpaca! Natural gray on the left, and two heathered shades of pale blue/amethyst alpaca-merino on the right.


Sorry, this picture just wouldn't turn out right. You're looking at a great boofy mass of combed mohair locks, plus two more little bags of mohair. I've never spun locks before, but I can't wait to try. There's a bag of sparkly firestar nylon that I'm going to try to ply with the mohair. Try being the operative word here, since I can't ply for beans, but I'm hoping to change that soon.

My pal also sent me a box of watercolor pencils, since she knows I like to doodle. My late uncle and grandmother got all the artistic talent in the family, nevertheless-

This really made my day, thank you for being so thoughful.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe. I'm still up to stuff but you will have to wait and find out. Glad tha tit got there.

Anonymous said...

Ooops my bad with the typo. I hope you can fix it.